University Degree in Criminology in Madrid
PRICE 6,100 €
Studying an Official University Degree in Criminology in Madrid will allow you to understand the reason why murders are committed , in addition to providing you the ability to enter the mind of the criminal and understand why criminal behaviour occurs, among other topics. But it does not stop there – you will also learn about forensic science, the key to future investigative endeavours.
After finishing this degree, you will be able to work in a variety of areas, such as judiciary and law enforcement bodies, correctional facilities, juvenile justice, or even private security companies. And not only in Spain, but also in Latin America, where the figure of the criminologist has gained a lot of traction.
However, as we know that the transition between education and the world of work can be a very difficult period, at ESERP we feature an Career Opportunities Programme with dozens of businesses where you can carry internships and gain experience that will be highly valuable in the years to come.
If you are interested in the world of criminology are good at working on a team, and are socially aware, you can learn more about the Official University Degree in Criminology in Madrid.
DEGREES AND ACCREDITATIONS
Official University Degree in Criminology
Official University Degree issued by King Juan Carlos University
ESERP’s University Degree in Criminology and Private Security
Private University Degree issued by ESERP
Achieving leadership through a global vision
The programme offers a comprehensive view of management for businesses, organisations, and their environment.
Resolving problems and practical case studies
Applying the methodology of case studies and simulations, each student participates in the conception, development, and resolution of real, up-to-date practical cases.
Balance between theory and practice
Focus on the practical elements of business, along with the theoretical and practical knowledge that is required for a solid education.
Dynamic, personalised, and active instruction
The efficiency of ESERP curricula is possible thanks to the personalised attention and monitoring given to each student.
High degree of specialisation
Courses at ESERP are taught by professors that are experts in their fields, providing the student with a higher degree of specialisation.
- To provide the knowledge necessary to understand the complexity and dynamic nature of the relationships between victims, crime, and the people and public and private institutions involved.
- To provide the knowledge necessary to obtain a specialised education in security, specific forms of crime, and social intervention for the criminal.
- To understand the scientific methods that form part of criminology, security, and social intervention with criminals and victims, and to develop the skills necessary to use them effectively.
- To apply, in a professional context, information and communications technology to different sources of information on crime and victim statistics.
- The ability to analyse, collect, compile, and synthesise information and data.
- A capacity for organisation and planning.
- The ability to transmit information ideas, problems, and solutions to a specialised or general audience.
- The ability to manage information and use ICTs.
- The ability to formulate hypotheses for investigation and problem resolution.
- The ability to reason critically and self-analyse.
- The ability to work on a team and possess adept interpersonal skills.
- Students have developed the learning skills necessary to begin later studies with a high degree of autonomy.
- The ability to apply knowledge to new or mostly-unknown environments within wider or multi-disciplinary contexts.
- The ability to communicate with the skill and fluency necessary in a foreign language, orally and in writing.
The programme will give you the ability to develop your professional activities in different areas:
- Management at Private Security Companies.
- Access to Law Enforcement and internal promotion.
- Court criminologist.
- Probation officer.
- Director of legal and criminology consulting teams.
- Private Investigator.
- Criminology consultant for juvenile justice, victims of crime, family mediation, or domestic violence.
- Family or criminal mediator.
- Criminology expert and consultant.
- Correctional centre staff.
Subjects for Criminology
Total credits required 60
|1||Types and Forms of delinquency||OB||6|
|1||Scientific Research in Criminology||OB||6|
|1||Sociology of Delinquency||OB||6|
|2||Introduction to Psychology||OB||6|
|2||Dimensions and Models of Security||OB||6|
|2||Criminal Psychology and Prevention||OB||6|
|2||Law for Public and Private Security||OB||6|
|2||Crime Policy and Victimology||OB||6|
Total credits required 60
|1||Legal Medicine and Forensics||OB||6|
|1||Evaluation of Public Programmes and Policy||OB||6|
|1||Special and Criminal Law||OB||6|
|2||Criminal Procedural Law||OB||6|
|2||Negotiation, Mediation, and Conflict Resolution||OB||6|
|2||The Welfare State and Social Inclusion||OB||6|
|2||Mathematical Instruments and Data Analysis||OB||6|
|2||Public Actors and Institutions||OB||6|
Total credits required 60
|1||Prevention of Occupational Risks||OP||6|
|1||Terrorism and Organised Crime||OP||6|
|1||Domestic and Gender Violence||OP||6|
|1||School Agression and Related Behaviour During Childhood and Adolescence||OP||6|
|1||Recognition of Credits||OB||6|
Total credits required: 60
FBC: Formación Básica Común, credits may be valid for their equivalents in all degrees
FBR: Formación Básica de Rama, credits may be valid for their equivalents in all degrees
PRICE 6,100 €
Access to official Degree instruction requires a degree equivalent to the Spanish “Bachillerato” (High School, Baccalaureate, etc.), and having passed the test referred to in Article 42 of Organic Law 6/2001, of 12 April, without prejudice to other access mechanisms required by applicable legislation.
The amount of places available for new entrants for the academic year are:
- 2nd year of Spanish “Bachillerato” and University entrance exams
- BI (International Baccalaureate)
- Higher Level Training Cycle (HLTC)
- 2nd year of F.P. (Vocational training) or COU (secondary certification) and University entrance exams
- Entrance exams for people older than 25, 40, or 45 years old
|EU Students (European Union), Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Bulgaria, Romania, and foreigners holding a residence NIE *|
|Rest of the academic year: 10 monthly payments of 495€, from October to July||4,950€|
|Annual academic fees:||350€|
* Price for the academic year. All other students, prices upon consultation.
* Special conditions for advance payment.
* Fees for diplomas and certificates are not included.
The faculty at ESERP is made up of professionals with broad academic as well as work experience, able to bring their experience and knowledge into the classroom.
Some of the professors teaching courses for this University Degree are listed below.