University Degree in Law in Barcelona
If you want to learn about the legal and professional environment that governs the functioning of today’s society, don’t think twice: enrol now in ESERP’s University Degree in Law in Barcelona.
In this degree, which has a duration of four years, you will learn the fundamental rules that determine how relationships are established between people and public/private organisations, among many other things. In short, you will acquire all the necessary knowledge so that you can hold any position within this sector.
During the fourth year, you will have the opportunity to take part in an external internship, in which you will be able to apply everything you have learned and demonstrate your worth within the sector. ESERP has numerous partnerships and a platform of Career Opportunities with dozens of job offers, meaning it will be easy for you to find the right fit that motivates you.
If you have always dreamed of working as a lawyer, both in the public and private sector, as a notary or even as a judge or prosecutor, then the University Degree in Law in Barcelona is right for you. ESERP is an affiliated centre of Uvic – Ucc, and you will obtain an official university degree at the end of the four years of training.
OFFICIAL UNIVERSITY DEGREE
University Degree in Law
Official University Degree issued by the University of Vic – Central University of Catalonia.
Diploma in Business Law
ESERP’s Private University Degree.
Achieving leadership through a global vision
These studies offer an integrated view of business management, the organisation and its environment.
Problem solving and real-life case studies
Applying the case study and simulation method, each student participates in the conception, development and resolution of current, real-life case studies.
Balance between theory and practice
Focus is placed on the practical elements of a company, along with the theoretical and practical knowledge that is required in any solid education.
Dynamic, personalised, and active teaching
ESERP’s Study Plans are highly efficient thanks to the personalised attention and monitoring given to each student.
High degree of specialisation
The courses that make up the University Degree in Law in Barcelona are taught by expert professors in their field, providing their students with an even higher level of specialisation.
- The University Degree in Law in Barcelona pursue the following goals:
- Interdisciplinary and comprehensive knowledge of Spain and the EU’s legal systems.
- Learn about the different legal branches, regulations and jurisprudence that governs relationships between individuals, organisations and the State, as well as their correct application to different situations or conflicts.
- Educate experts in the dynamics of the various legal professions, in order to understand the complexity of the legal world and its dynamic and interrelated nature, taking an integrated approach to the different perspectives.
- Commitment to fundamental rights, equal opportunities for people and the values of a democratic culture.
- Promote international mobility.
- Have the qualifications that are required in order to access specialised postgraduate studies.
- Know and master the legislative framework that regulates national and international relationships and legal/public institutions.
- Know and master the legislative framework that regulates administrative and judicial procedures.
- Know and master the general principles of Political Economy and Public Finance.
- Understand the importance of Law as a regulatory system for social relationships.
- Acquire critical awareness in the analysis of the legal system.
- Develop legal dialectics and oratory.
- Ability to write legal briefs, in addition to the ability to read and interpret legal texts.
- Ability to apply new information and communication technologies in different areas of activity.
- Ability to select and manage information and legal documentation.
- Ability to analyse and make diagnoses, provide support and make decisions on legal matters.
- Handle technical information in the administrative and procedural field, as well in a defence before the courts.
- Ability to understand the dynamic and changing nature of legal relationships at a national and international level.
- Students should be able to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding in an area of study that requires a general, secondary level of education, with the support of advanced textbooks along with other educational aspects that are to be obtained from the latest developments in their field of study.
- Students should know how to apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional manner and must possess skills related to the preparation and defence of arguments, as well as the resolution of problems within their area of study.
- Students should have the ability to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their area of study) in order to make judgments that include a reflection on relevant social, scientific and ethical issues.
- Students should know how to convey information, ideas, problems and solutions to both a specialised and non-specialised public.
- Students should have developed those essential learning skills that are required in order to pursue further studies with a higher degree of autonomy.
- Act proactively and creatively through the generation of ideas and proposals, while also implementing results-orientated initiatives and changes in response to client needs within the organisation.
- Ability to adapt to working with people and/or clients in international, changing and complex environments.
- Act with moral and ethical responsibility and commitment within the business world, showing respect for issues regarding gender, the environment and safety at work.
- Act with good spirit and critical thinking when dealing with knowledge and all of its dimensions, showing intellectual, cultural and scientific curiosity, as well as a commitment to the high level of rigour and quality that is required within the professional realm.
- The student should project values of entrepreneurship and innovation during their academic and professional career by establishing contact with different realities and finding the motivation for self-development.
- Interact with global and international contexts in order to identify needs and new realities that allow for the transfer of knowledge towards current or emerging areas of professional development, with the capacity for adaptation and self-direction in both professional and research processes.
- Possess the required skills in order to work as a professional in multidisciplinary and complex environments, coordinating with teams and working in a network, either in face-to-face or virtual environments, through the informational and digital use of ICTs.
- Be an active citizen with individual responsibility, committed to democratic values, sustainability and universal design, implementing practices that are based on learning, service and social inclusion.
- Use different forms of communication in a native or foreign language, both oral and written/audiovisual, with a high degree of proficiency when it comes to the use, form and content.
- Be the protagonist in the educational process itself in terms of personal and professional improvement, receiving a well-rounded education that allows the student to learn and live within a context of linguistic diversity that is full of various social, cultural and economic realities.
- Identify the elements, structure, resources, and application of the legal system and interpret the sources and fundamental legal concepts of each of the different legal orders.
- Understand the mechanisms and procedures for resolving legal conflicts, as well as the legal position of individuals in their relationship with the government and with public authorities in general.
- Apply the priority criteria of the sources of law in order to determine the applicable rules in each case, specifically the criteria of compliance with constitutional rules, principles and values.
- Interpret legal texts from an interdisciplinary perspective, using legal principles as analytical tools along with social, ethical and deontological values and principles.
- Be able to take a stand with a convincing legal argument on a theoretical question concerning various legal matters.
- Solve case studies in accordance with current positive-law regulations, which requires having previously prepared materials, the identification of problematic issues, the selection and interpretation of the applicable positive law, and the argued explanation of the subsumption.
- Be skilled and precise at handling the legal language and terminology of the different branches of law, writing legal documents in an orderly and understandable way, in addition to knowing how to communicate all ideas, arguments and legal reasoning both orally and in writing, using the appropriate records in each context.
- Use information and communication technologies to search for and obtain legal information, in addition to using work and communication tools applied to the legal field.
- Analyse the business organisation based on economic principles and understand the main legal implications of business activity in order to identify the most important factors in business results.
- Use the terminology, concepts, techniques and practices of accounting and financial analysis and their application to national and international transactions in the assessment and discussion of an organisation’s economic and financial position.
- Understand and assess the reality and trends of the global economic and geopolitical context, as well as the role of different political, economic and financial agents and institutions, along with their influence and impact on economic growth, international trade, financial relationships and business activity.
- Manage and lead decision-making processes regarding real-life problems through the mediation and direction of the organisation’s people and projects, while also taking into account the existing business culture and environment.
These studies will give you the ability to develop your professional activity in different areas, where you will be able to work as:
- Lawyer. Attorney.
- Notary, registrar and state attorney.
- Justice administration official: judge, prosecutor, secretary.
- Public administration officer. Top scale (state attorney, tac, etc.)
- Public administration officer. Intermediate scale (central, regional and local government)
- Official at international organisations (EU, NATO, UN, etc.)
- Private company.
- Non-profit associations and organisations.
Subjects: University Degree in Law in Barcelona
|1||History of Law||FB||6|
|1||Constitutional Law I||FB||6|
|1||Theory of Law||FB||6|
|2||Civil Law I||FB||6|
|2||Expression, Argumentation and Negotiation Techniques||FB||6|
|2||Constitutional Law II||FB||6|
|2||Administrative Law I||OB||6|
|2||Criminal Law I||OB||6|
Total required credits 60
|1||Political Economy and Public Finance||FB||6|
|1||Procedural Law I||OB||3|
|1||Civil Law II||OB||6|
|1||Commercial Law I||FB||6|
|1||Administrative Law II||OB||3|
|1||Labour and Social Security Law I||OB||6|
|2||Criminal Law II||OB||6|
|2||European Union Law||OB||3|
|2||Procedural Law II||OB||6|
|2||Commercial Law II||OB||3|
|2||Labour and Social Security Law II||OB||6|
|2||Financial and Tax Law I||OB||6|
Total required credits 60
|1||Commercial Law III||OB||6|
|1||Administrative Law III||OB||3|
|1||Public International Law||OB||6|
|1||Civil Law III||OP||6|
|1||Information Technology Law||OB||3|
|2||Philosophy of Law||OB||3|
|2||Procedural Law III||OB||3|
|2||Civil Law IV||OB||6|
|2||Private International Law||OB||6|
|2||Financial and Tax Law II||OB||6|
|2||Mediation and Arbitration||OB||6|
Total required credits 60
Total required credits 60
|Foreign Trade and International Contracting||OP||3|
|Labour Procedural Law||OP||3|
|Civil Liability and Tort Law||OP||3|
|Business Ethics in Corporations||OP||3|
|Financial Institutions and International Markets||OP||6|
|Communication and Information Management Techniques||OP||3|
|Management Skills and Human Resources Management||OP||3|
|International Economy, Globalisation and Geopolitics||OP||3|
|Organisation of International Companies||OP||6|
TFG: Final Project
FB: Basic Courses
PE: Company Internship
To gain admission to the University Degree in Law taught at ESERP Barcelona, you must complete the university pre-enrolment process via the portal: accesnet.gencat.cat, within the established deadlines. Enrolment will be formalised at the ESERP centre, after you’ve been assigned a place through the university pre-enrolment process.
In order to formalise your enrolment at ESERP, you must give the school’s academic secretary the following documentation:
- Printed and filled out enrolment application
- Copy DNI / Passport
- Official document accrediting your admission route
- 2 photographs
- Proof of payment for enrolment
You can reserve your place in the University Degree programmes as of March 1, 2018.
There is a limited number of places and a personal interview will be conducted with the admissions department.
Enrolment for elective studies or programmes that are affiliated with national or foreign universities must be completed and paid for separately.
Students who have followed any of the following admission routes will be able to access the University Degree in Law:
- University Entrance Exams (PAU) or Selectividad.
- Higher Level Training Cycles (HLTC or FPII) or equivalent.
- University entrance exams for students over 25 years old.
- University entrance exams for students over 45 years old.
- Be over 40 years old and have professional or work experience.
- Students from foreign educational systems.
- In possession of a three, four, or five-year Official University Degree diploma or equivalent.
|Students from the EU (European Union) with a NIE|
|Rest of the academic year: 10 monthly payments from October to July of €690||€6,900|
|Students from outside of the EU (European Union)|
|Rest of the academic year: 10 monthly payments from October to July of €500||€5,000|
|5% discount for early payment|
* Price of the first academic year.
* Fees for diplomas and certificates are not included.
Our professors who are part of the University Degree in Law in Barcelona
ESERP’s faculty is made up of professionals with extensive professional and academic experience who are able to bring their expertise and knowledge to the classroom.